Using QuoteStocker is simple. The main window shows two parts. In the upper part you can choose what to download:
- Latest quotes. These are the quotes of the last reported trade. When the stock exchange is still open, these are intra-day prices
- Historical quotes. Download stock quotes over one or more days, moths or years
- Stock exchange list. All funds in this list will be downloaded
- One fund. This option allows you to select a single fund for downloading. Most of the time you use this option when you want to download the historical quotes of one fund
- Download source. Since release 3.7 there are two download sources, Yahoo! and Alpha Vantage.
Latest or historical quotes
If you want to download end-of day prices, downloading historical quotes is the best option. You can also use the ‘latest quotes’ option but in that case you have to wait until closure of the stock exchange. It is best to wait about two hours after the closing of the stock exchange before you can download the end-of-day quotes via ‘latest quotes’. When you download stock quotes from different stock exchanges, then you have to watch the different opening hours. This is not necessary when downloading via ‘historical quotes’.
In the lower part of the window you see a chain link and five buttons. The have the following meaning:
Interested in QuoteStocker? You can order the software right now. Or download the free trial version first.