Do you want to try QuoteStocker first? Be our guest and download the free trial of QuoteStocker.
There is also a special version for Mac computers. On a Mac, QuoteStocker runs via CrossOver (up to release 17.5.1) from CodeWeavers. The installtion is described here (but in Dutch). At the bottom of this page you’ll find a short summary of the installation on a Mac.
You can use QuoteStocker Free for two weeks. There is only one limitation: you can download a maximum of 30 stocks, funds, futures or indices. Enough to get a good picture of all the features of the program.
QuoteStocker uses the database of Yahoo! Finance. Since the changes at Yahoo! in spring 2017, cookies must be accepted for downloading. The required settings are:
- In the Windows Start Menu: type ‘internet’ in the search field and select ‘Internet Options‘.
- Go to the ‘Privacy’ tab en select ‘Advanced’. Here you can set that cookies must be accepted.
- Click OK to close.
- Sometimes it happens that Windows Defender SmartScreen blocks the downloading. In that case, switch Windows Defender SmartScreen off.
- Delete the Internet History (tab ‘General’) to remove the existing cookies (IE history). Starting from release 2.1.1, Yahoo cookies can be deleted via the ‘Settings’ window.
Installation on a Mac
The installation of QuoteStocker on a Mac is as follows:
- Be sure to have CrossOver (up to release 17.5.1) from CodeWeavers on your Mac;
- Download the vb6 run-time Redistribution Pack from Microsoft;
- Create a new WindowsXP bottle;
- Install the vb6 run-time Redistribution Pack;
- Install QuoteStocker (not in the list of known programs);
- At the end of the installation: uncheck ‘Start QuoteStocker’.
See also the support page at CodeWeavers.